Oyaide MWA-RCA - Magnetic wave absorbers set of 6
The magnetic wave absorbers are inexpensive, easy to fit, and can improve your sound quality.
"Dynamics in the music seemed to be more refined and efortless with the Magnetic Wave Absorbers fitted and the music flows more smoothly". Hi-Fi Choice.
It has long been recognised that by applying shorting links to unused sockets in amplifiers and other audio electronics, the distortion effects from RFI entering an amplifier via open sockets can be reduced. However in strong fields of interference this shorting link can act as a low-impedance aerial. Now with the growing popularity of digital electronics such as computers and iPhones, the need to protect sensitive audio circuits from high frequency interference becomes far more urgent. Engineers at Oyaide in Japan have developed MWA-RC specially to cover RCA sockets to prevent magnetic noise and dust with by the simply attaching them to unused RCA jacks on the equipment.
The Key features and benefits of MWA are:
- MWAs are very easy to fit - simply place them on any unused RCA jack Manufactured from polypropylene which dampens the tiny vibrations found in theunused contacts.
- The use of 1mm thick MWA absorbers on the caps reduces noise generated fromthe contacts. This material is called SENDUST which Oyaide have applied from atechnology developed in Japan. By processing it into a flat shape this has increasedthe absorbing property against Electric Magnetic Waves.
- The cap also prevents dust build up Using the MWA-RC on multiple contacts can make the improvements much greater. MWAs are suitable for use on both input and output jacks
- The Improvements to your sound quality from using MWA can be very satisfying:
- With MWAs placed in all open sockets, the improvement in sound quality can bevery obvious. Your music loses stridency.
- Climaxes in sound are more natural, without the feeling of the sound being ‘forced'or ‘loud'.
- The music flows more naturally, allowing you to absorb yourself in the music ratherthan be distracted whilst listening.
- The level of improvement can be very far more effective than upgrading ofhardware which would be very much more expensive.
- The benefits can be observed quickly and easily by simply placing the MWAs inunused RCA sockets.