Furutech Alpha GT40A - Award winning DAC - ADC
The GT40A is finally here, built for enthusiasts with growing music collections on their computer hard drives. It's a high performance 24-bits/96kHz USB DAC that's amazingly affordable. Looking to convert your LPs or other analog sources to digital? The GT40A will take you to the podium with every album you archive.
The seriously-shielded audiophile-grade GT40A features a low-latency USB 2.0 audio driver that plays and records at 96 kHz. A likely first for this category, the GT40A includes a built-in low-noise MM / MC phono preamp! Record your favorite vinyl to hard disk via the USB output.
The ADL GT40A features L/R analog outputs, and switchable line or phono inputs with a vivid, captivating sound that is simply unheard of in this category. The ADL GT40A (wired with Furutech's GT2 USB cable of course!) brings Furutech's signature sound -- smooth, detailed clarity -- to desktop systems, especially with high resolution 24-bits/96kHz files, but even 16-bit/44.1kHz files sound impeccable and very musical.
GT40 USB DAC Specifications USB & Analog Playback and Record multimedia audio system
- Connectivity: USB B Interface, Analog input/output RCA jack
- USB Playback Resolution : 24bit/96KHz
- USB Recording Resolution: 96kHz (Max) supports 32kHz/44.1kHz/48kHz
- Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20kHz (40Hz: +0.5 dB, 15kHz:-0.5dB)
- SN ratio:-90dB (A-wtd) / Line Output
- Line Output Level: 1 Vrms
- Line Input Level: MC 0.4mV / MM 5mV / Line 1V
- Headphone Output Level: 80mW ( 32 ohm ) Max.
- Power Supply AC Adaptor Rating: AC 9V 0.5A
- Dimensions: 150 (W) x 111 (D) x 57 (H) mm
- Weight: 785g Approx.
- The load (Input impedance) for the ADL GT40 is as follows:
- Line 50K ohm Approx.
- MM 46K ohm Approx.
- MC 10K ohm Approx.
- Maximum Input Level for MM: 5.0mVrms at 1K Hz
- Maximum Input Level for MC: 0.4mVrms at 1K Hz
- Maximum Input Level for LINE: 1Vrms at 1K Hz
- The Gain setting for the ADL GT40 is fixed at 62.5dB for MC and fixed at 48.5dB for MM.
- (MC input to LINE output) => 62.5dB @ 1K Hz , +6dB(Line)
- (MM input to LINE output) => 48.5dB @ 1K Hz , +6dB(Line)
- GT40 has no setting for gain to match different impedance headphones. We recommend using 16 ohm to 300 ohm impedance headphones.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR RECORDING:
- The TENOR chip used in the GT40 has a bandwidth limitation of 12Mbps (USB 2.0 full speed operation), and due to this limitation only one I2S input or output can be set for 24bit/96KHz application at one time. Therefore, under this condition, for simultaneous multiple-channel applications other I2S interfaces must be configured at 16-bit/48KHz or 16-bit/96KHz. In other words, when recording it is necessary to set the audio Input on the computer to 24bit/96KHz (PC-Sound application; MAC-MIDI application), but do not set not the audio Output to 24bit/96KHz. The Output should be set to a lower 16bit resolution until recording is done. Then when you want to playback your 24bit/96KHz files through the GT40 you need to reset the output to 24bit/96KHz and reset the input to a 16bit resolution.